The wedding day has arrived and all the balls are rolling. Now is the time for the groomsmen to shine and show off their multitasking skills.
Below is a list of the traditional responsibilities for the groomsmen, on the wedding day. Have a good read, print them off, and modify the tasks to work for your wedding day.
Typically, on the day of the wedding, the groomsmen:
- Ensure that they arrive punctually at the ceremony, looking polished and dashing
- Continue to be an emotional support for the groom
- Help as needed, from assisting guests to running errands
- Will often facilitate the ushers in seating guests
- Unroll and properly place the aisle runner, if applicable
- Foresee and prevent potential wedding day mishaps from occurring
At the reception, the groomsmen typically:
- Mingle and socialize with guests
- Continue to monitor events, preventing potential mishaps from occurring at the reception (e.g. watch how much the groom drinks!)
- Are announced to all the reception guests before the married couple
- Dance with the bridesmaids at the reception