I have an hourglass figure. what's the best wedding dress for me?You know your body best. If you have an hourglass figure, you have a smaller waist accentuated by curvaceous hips and a proportionate chest area, thus creating the hourglass silhouette.
Note: the hourglass figure looks at the proportions of your chest, waist, and hip area. Therefore, women of many different sizes may be blessed with an hourglass figure!
Here are a few suggestions for finding the perfect wedding dress for you.
- With an hourglass figure, there are many different options for the ideal wedding gown which will be determined by your comfort level and your personality.
- Want to emphasize your curvaceous body? Then opt for gowns with clean, elegant lines that will focus on your figure. Avoid excessive beading and detailing in the bodice or skirt area as they may make you appear heavier than you are (because the adornments will focus additional attention in that area). Thus, you may also want to avoid wedding gowns with very full skirts or exaggerated sleeves (e.g. the pouf).
- An A-line wedding dress or a wedding gown with a dropped waist will accentuate your waist area.
- Wedding gown silhouettes that will accentuate your hourglass figure: sheath, mermaid (due to their body hugging designs)
- You may also want to choose a neckline that showcases your shoulders. Following necklines to consider: portrait, off-the-shoulder, strapless (why not?), V-neck, sweetheart.
- Avoid high necklines as they will de-emphasize your upper chest area, creating a disproportionate silhouette. Likewise, you may want to avoid the empire silhouette.