You’re a full figured woman and loving every minute of it. Find the best wedding dress for you with these handy guidelines.
I am full-figured and loving it! what’s the best wedding dress for me?
You know your body best. If you have a full figure, here are a few suggestions for finding the perfect wedding dress for you.
- The key to finding your ideal wedding gown will be one that highlights your best features. This of course, applies to all brides!
- Depending on your frame and silhouette, different necklines may work for you. For some full figured women, strapless or off-the-shoulder wedding gowns may be very flattering as they help to create more of an hourglass silhouette. For other full figured brides, a V-neck or other open neckline may work wonders. Play around and see what works best for you.
- Likewise, depending on your taste, you may want to opt for beading or other details around the neckline to draw attention upward.
- A ball gown style wedding dress will help de-emphasize the lower torso. Combined with a fitted V-neck bodice and dropped V or basque waistline and you may have a winning combo as they help to create a slimming effect.
- An A-line wedding gown, of course, will look equally fabulous!
- Depending on the weather and your personal preference, long or ¾ sleeves may also be an option as they will help to slenderize arms.
- Here is a short list of details to avoid:
- Fabric and wedding gown styles that hug the body (e.g. mermaid or sheath)
- Spaghetti straps or puffy sleeves may overemphasize your upper body.
- Ruffles or elaborately billowing skirts may overemphasize your lower body.
- Be wary of the empire silhouette as it may make you seem disproportioned.
Keep in mind: Love your body because we are all unique. Use these suggestions as guidelines since many wedding dress designers have full liberty to create, invent, and mix and match styles.