Submitted by: Dorota Buczel
Make-up starts with great skin. Heres a list of things you should keep in mind and avoid a few days before the wedding:
- Avoid substances that could give you oily skin, swelling and irritation. These include red meat, alcohol, caffeine, spicy or deep fried foods
- Remember to drink lots of water to keep hydrated and flush out the toxins.
- Avoid using Retin A and Alpha Hydroxy creams prior to the wedding day. They may cause skin peeling, flaking and irritation that will show in photos
- Exfoliate your skin with a manual exfoliator the day before your wedding
- Have your brows professionally shaped prior to the wedding day. Nice brows are very important because they frame the eyes.
- Refresh your hair color a week before the wedding. Get rid of dark roots and split ends
- Book a day at the spa to de-stress and pamper yourself
- Remove all traces of makeup the night before your wedding. Avoid dry lips by putting a lip moisturizer on your lips before bed and the morning of your wedding. Your face should be clean and product free when the make-up artist arrives
- If youre not hiring a make-up artist for the whole wedding day make sure you have a lipstick, powder and blotting sheets with you to touch up when needed