Your bridesmaids have been chosen and the wedding planning has begun! Now is the perfect time to clarify the duties of the bridesmaids.
The following is a list of the traditional responsibilities for bridesmaids before the wedding. Read them, print them off, and adapt them to your wedding needs.
Traditionally, before the wedding, the bridesmaid:
- Is part of the emotional support team for the bride
- Helps bride with pre-wedding tasks, such as addressing invitations, making wedding favours, and running other such errands
- Helps shop for and may choose the bridesmaid dress
- Attends all pre-wedding parties
- Collaborates with maid of honour to plan and host bridal shower or bachelorette party
- Subtly let guests know where the engaged couple has registered
- Pays for her own bridesmaids gown and accessories
- Ensures she is available for gown fittings and rehearsals
- Contributes to a gift from all the bridesmaids to the bride and may also give a separate gift to the married couple
- Pays for own transportation to the wedding city if she is coming from out of town
- Conducts herself in a positive and constructive manner throughout the wedding planning process even in the most stressful times